About This Recipe
Prep time – 15 min
Cook time – 35 min
Serves – 12-15
Difficulty – easy
- 3 pounds ground turkey thighs
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 2 leeks, half moon sliced (white parts only)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped
- 5 carrots, small diced
- 5 stalks celery, small diced
- 2 large white sweet potatoes, diced and roasted
- 12 -16 cups chicken stock (depending on desired thickness)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (optional)
- 3 tsp sea salt – or more to taste
- Gather a large soup pot and add ghee and ground turkey. Cook turkey until done. Remove turkey from pot and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth, leeks and all the dried spices. Stir to combine.
- Next, add all your vegetables, broth, and cooked turkey. Cover and cook for 35 min or until vegetables are soft.
- Add fresh spices, lemon juice, salt and parsley. Taste and adjust if needed.