About This Recipe
Prep time – 10 min
Cook time – 50 min
Serves – 6
Difficulty – easy
- 6 bone in pastured chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 leeks, half moon sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced (omit if avoiding nightshades)
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat a large dutch oven and add ghee, leeks, saffron and cumin.
- When leeks are translucent, add chicken thighs, broth and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 min.
- Add the carrots and peppers and cook for 15 min or until vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Remove from heat, add olives and fresh parsley. Season with fresh ground pepper and additional salt if desired.